Wednesday 25 September 2013

Love Always Shoot


Dan Baugh, asked me recently if I would like to be his First Assistant Director for "Love Always", as he liked the work I had done on Poppy. 

Although this won't really go towards my Final Major Project, it is nice to be working on set. Dan feels I work well with actors and organising shoots, which is what I have helped to do on his first day of filming. 

During the day I helped to make sure the actors where happy, thanked them for their work etc and helped Sam Creamer as a second camera op.

I also controlled traffic during a scene we had to record on an extremely busy road, it was scary and very hard to do, but we got there in the end. 

I came into my element when we got to the salute the 40's event at the historic dockyard. 

I negotiated with two photographers dressed in 1940's gear to appear in the film and I managed to get hold of a 1940's car for our couple to use. 

Quick thinking was key for this part of the shoot, so I made sure we were there with our cameras ready to record at the right time at a moments notice. This included filming dancers doing the lindy hop on a stage, I got the actors to dance next to them, then the professional dancers without any question saw what we were doing and decided to grab each of them and show them how it was done, a priceless moment that I hope Dan gets to use in the film. 

I also managed to get the actors into a mock tearoom and theatre entrance, having them act our an afternoon tea conversation, and the purchasing of tickets for a show. 


It was a great day and I was thrilled to be apart of it. I offered advice but made sure I didn't interfere with Dan's vision. 


I just wanted to thank Dan for asking me to come on board, what a professional atmosphere there was! Well done everyone!


















No comments:

Post a Comment