Monday 2 September 2013

Final Major Project - Bipolar Research


Sally, the PA to the chief executive Suzanne at Bipolar UK, has very kindly sent me a pack with lots of detailed information about bipolar. It includes what suffers receive initially to help with their diagnosis; mood diary, mood scale, families coping with a person of bipolar disorder and so on. Although we are doing a very filmic and stylistic documentary, it is important to have the facts of the illness to hand and of course this helps with the interview process.

My job now is to become extremely knowledgeable about the disorder, in order to respond quickly to questions, help with the storytelling and aid me in any difficult interviews with contributors. Thankfully I have a solid understanding of the illness, through personal experiences, but I still need to understand it from a professional and factual point of view. 

I am currently taking every piece of research I have been given, highlighting the most important and creating a list of aspects I must cover in our film. 

No comments:

Post a Comment