Friday 6 September 2013

Final Major Project - Thoughts of events so far and interview questions


It has really dawned on my this week how huge this project could be, and the seriousness of the topic. I do have experience with family members, and have seen the destructiveness and sadness of the illness first hand.

 However to hear other’s stories of suicide attempts etc, is very hard hitting. I’m scared about the prospect of interviewing some of our contributors, mainly because I am inexperienced and to start with such a sensitive subject is really throwing myself in at the deep end. On the other hand, I have always wanted to make this film, and I feel so strongly about it, it deserves to be made and in a way I am as equipped as anyone having grown up with it.

I have to be confident in talking, empathises and sympathise, allowing them to open up as much as possible. 

I wrote some questions for John’s interview, but have reworked them. I need to talk with Helen to get some advice, of course they sound kind of cold hearted to start, but in a conversational and comfortable environment, I am sure we can make this work.


 I have put them in the sections I can currently see them fitting in to the film:


No comments:

Post a Comment