Friday 12 October 2012

Commission - Top Promotional Films

What I am aspiring to achieve as a start in my career








I also believe this would offer myself and others to practice our craft whilst still learning, and this type of pathway has been around for years; “The music video channel’s massive influence can hardly be measured. The alchemical combination of music and movies into irresistible three-minute chunks was legendary. Many of today’s top filmmakers got their start during the Music Television renaissance, and their work makes up many of the films we see at the multiplex.” (Nick Hyman 2010)
 Some of my favourite film directors Ridley Scoot, Garth Jennings, David Fincher, Michael Bay, Gore Verbrinski and Jonathon Glazor learnt their craft and made their mistakes on television adverts and music videos . I also believe it allows a director the chance to experiment with different styles and production techniques. 
 “Even the look of films started to change because of the continual influx of music video talent into movies, with more complex, slick, and stylised visual palettes dominating the frame. And their films keep coming” (Nick Hyman 2010)


I have begun to think of the minimal tools I need to start approaching companies and musicians after University:
 A Space to work and edit 
An Apple Mac pro with Final Cut Pro X, and 8GB Ram 
Cannon 7D with a minimal of three Lenses 
Memory Cards 
Portable Lighting Kit 
Tripod 
Sound Recorder 
Stedicam
 Jib 
Transport

No comments:

Post a Comment