Wednesday 10 October 2012

Major Project - The Script


Most of my time in the last few weeks has been taken up researching our subject matter, finding actors and writing the script.

This is the first draft and overall I'm happy I've got a competed piece written, now I am going to work on the second draft to really develop it. I can imagine exactly how I want it to look like, and the emotions I'm trying to convey, which is the most important thing, but there are a few tweaks I want to make;

Firstly, as discussed with Helen, because this is such a surreal piece there are moments of reality that need to be thought about. I have made the decision to omit the moment the man places the condoms into Poppy's bag, as I think the stockings, and makeup are a subtle enough hint that she is going out on the game. I think if the audience see the condom pack, it suddenly brings them into reality and possibly becomes laughable. 
For the same reason, I also need to look at the flashbacks, these are too real, and need to be more dream like. I also want to develop the emotions, and make it more uncomfortable for the viewer, and feel the ending needs some adjustment.

So here it is "Poppy" the first draft.....

Poppy Script

No comments:

Post a Comment