Tuesday 11 September 2012

Major Project - Scripting


Things have really started to move a long in a week!
Lauren has been working hard on booking locations and commissioning the right artist for the music. She has managed to find a very talented local lad, and he is perfect! I really want to use one of his existing songs for one of our episodes, but I'll let Lauren explain more about that...


I have been focusing on researching the subject, and watching plenty of material to get in the right frame of mind. The Sigur Ros videos have been extremely high on my play list, and I am looking forward to finally getting round to watching The Artist, to understand more about directing actors for silent movies.



If anyone has seen UP, they will know that the Ellie and Carl montage, is the most heartbreaking and sweetest form of true love ever shown in cinema, (over the top? Watch it!). And it's all told through music and images, no dialogue. So I really believe music and images, can move people, far greater than words, that is what I hope to achieve.

 

 I have contact two potential actresses for the main role of Poppy, both have the right look and experience, but nothing is confirmed as of yet. Once I hear from them, I will look to start thinking about auditions. As far as the male role goes, I'm finding it hard to think about who exactly I want to play the role, I know a few male actors, but they are all into theatre production, which really is not the style we want. I'm going to post something on Star now and other websites, but my instinct is to go with someone with less acting experience, for a more raw and real feeling, but it is very important they have the look I want.

I have begun, very roughly scripting the three episodes, by listing the different scenes I am visualising in my head, and the order they should go in. I have begun to think about how the story should flow, and even the pace of editing as the drama builds. I have mapped out episode 1 and 2, I just need to flesh it out a bit more, a discuss some ideas with Lauren, but I am happy with these so far. The third episode, I want to take more time with, as it is going to be intense, and hard to watch, but I don't want it to become laughable, I need to find the right balance, and get some more inspirtation, but I have the ideas in my head.

We have come up with some deadlines of our own, which is great. We hope to have a good sense of our actors and locations by 25th Sept, and all of our paper work, script, booking and confirmations finilised by 5th October.

The way things are going at the moment I feel this is a realistic goal. I'm looking forward to catching up with Lauren tomorrow and discussing more of our ideas, and hopefully watching Requiem for a Dream...... eeeek!
 

1 comment:

  1. Great work here - looking forward to seeing your scripts.

    ReplyDelete