Wednesday 12 September 2012

Commission Update




Week 1

Last night was my first day of shooting the Beginners Cake Course, and I loved it!
I used this week to get a rough idea of the set up and who I would be focusing on for the film. Everyone was really nice, and no one seemed phased by the camera. I got some great shoots, though I am slightly worried about the focusing on my camera, as of next week I think I am going to use the Cannon. Soon I will be getting together a script of how I want the finished piece to look. I also need to film the shop and cakes, and may attended their trade fair. I am going to start writing up my report this week, and do it as I go along, as I feel this will save time and stress on the lead up to hand in day. 

My report will be under these headline:

1. Getting comissioned
2. working for a live client
3. The Brief
4. Promotional videos, what are, why are they so popular, benefits/cons, why this is benefitting my career,
5. scripting
6. shooting
7. editing
8. final piece
9. Product feedback, screenings, live on website
10. overall experience, what I learnt, what went well, what went wrong, how will I use this in the future?

Inspiration:
I have never watched so many baking programmes in my life! There are two that are really sticking out for me at the moment, as being truely pieces of art, Little Paris Kitchen, and Lorianne's Easy Baking





There are also some beautiful videos on Vimeo that I am using for inspiration, and I really would like to use the text on screen seen in all of the baking programmes I have been watching lately. They have become very stylish and fashionable. 


beet cake from tiger in a jar on Vimeo.

1 comment:

  1. I think the report structure looks good - as we discussed, much online filmmaking is about e-commerce - a fusion of filmmaking and promotional/advertising techniques to produce something more than an advert - added value - with entertainment value - think about the viral ads which have worked - why did they work? techniques used?? Well done again.

    ReplyDelete