Tuesday 21 May 2013

Man Alive - Character Profiles


Getting to know their minds


As part of our package I have been using all my notes that I wrote about my characters before scripting, to create three full character profiles of Ethan Harper, Michael Harding and Senator Lawson.

I have really enjoyed getting inside the head of my characters and it's been interesting to write their fictious histories, especially as they are based in LA, America. I have noticed different elements of my life and experiencea seeping in to their's. I think this makes the characters richer, because I have an emotional connection with them.

These are the questions I drew up before I started scripting and are the basis for my character profiles:



Name:
Age:
Nationality:
Hometown:
Current Residence:
Occupation:
Talents/Skills:
Siblings (describe relationship):
Spouse (describe relationship):
Children (describe relationship):
Grandparents (describe relationship):
Grandchildren (describe relationship):
Significant Others (describe relationship):
Relationship skills:


Physical Characteristics:

Height:
Weight:
Eye Color:
Hair Color:
Glasses or contact lenses?
Skin color:
Shape of Face:
Distinguishing features:
How does he/she dress?
Mannerisms:
Habits:
Health:
Hobbies:
Favorite Sayings:
Speech patterns:
Disabilities:
Style (Elegant, shabby etc.):
Greatest flaw:
Best quality:


Intellectual/Mental/Personality Attributes and Attitudes

Educational Background:
Any Mental Illnesses?
Learning Experiences:
Character's short-term goals in life:
Character's long-term goals in life:
How does Character see himself/herself?
How does Character believe he/she is perceived by others?
How self-confident is the character?
What would most embarass this character?


Emotional Characteristics


Strengths/Weaknesses:
How does the character deal with anger?
With sadness?
With conflict?
With change?
With loss?
What does the character want out of life?
What would the character like to change in his/her life?
What motivates this character?
What frightens this character?
What makes this character happy?
Is the character judgmental of others?
Is the character generous or stingy?
Is the character generally polite or rude?

No comments:

Post a Comment