Monday 6 May 2013

Man Alive - Casting




Finding Faces

Casting has been a key and enjoyable part of the project. For Man Alive I pulled on my experience of American Television, using house hold names as well as unknowns. Recently there has been a huge rise in the number of English actors landing major roles in American series'. It could be coincidence, or that the producers prefer us brits method of acting and work ethic, who knows, but I have decided to keep with the trend for Man Alive.









I cast twenty five real actors for our series, researching their previous work, their experience with American television and watched as much as their performances as I could. This of course helped with writing the characters. My main three cast member sell the show and I think they are a profitable, realistic choice. 


To take it to the next level, I signed up to IMDB Pro and tracked down all the contact details of each actor, their agents and managers. I also sent a MAN ALIVE synopsis, plot and character bio to each main actor. Although I did not receive a response directly from them, I was notified they would read them and if they had time they would reply with their thoughts.... I'm still waiting in hope. 

Ioan Gruffud
Charlie Hunnam
William Fichtner

No comments:

Post a Comment