Tuesday 13 November 2012

Commision - Editing

I normally love editing, but this piece has been a total nightmare!!!

I've increasing become aware that DSLR footage and final cut pro (Except X), really don't like to play together.
As a result, my editing time has needed to be doubled, due to rendering issues. The film itself has also suffered as I can't seem to iron out these horrible skips and wobbles that are appearing all the time! I will make sure I research this thoroughly for any future projects.

I've also had a big problem with banding. DSLR's tend to create black lines especially under fluorescent lighting. I know how to fix this on the shoot, as you can go into the camera's setting and change the pre setting white balance as well as the colour temp. However, the problem is that the DSLR's do not have a a great monitor, and so can be very hard to detect on location. I have found this with my interview with Annabelle. I've tried my best to correct it, but it's not great. 

These things are all sent to try us and indeed I have learnt more. It is something to think about in weighing up the pros and cons of DSLR footage!
Working on titles

Introducing Banners

Colour correcting to fix banding


No comments:

Post a Comment