Friday 1 February 2013

MAN ALIVE - Production Concept Initial Ideas



Initial Ideas.

Over the past year my consumption of television series in particular those from America, have taking over my viewing of cinema. This is a fundamental change, as most evenings I would watch 1-2 films, now I watch 3-4 episodes of a series. I feel that since the Band of Brothers, production values in American Television has seen an enormous boost, and the writing has improved, especially with the works of AMC such as Mad Men, Breaking Bad, Sons of Anarchy and The Walking Dead. 

Currently I am watching a number of American series; The Walking Dead, Game of Thrones, Desperate Housewives, Prison Break, Breaking Bad and The Revolution. Due to this I feel I have a good understanding of how series work in America, and unfortunately they are overall much better than the UK’s (except perhaps the recent Utopia and Black mirror). I have therefore been longing to attempt writing an American television series, with elements of British story telling and technique, and will do so for my Production Concept Brief.

To Get Started I will need to:

  • Research the channel I would like to produce the show with (AMC)

  • Research the screenplays of their famous shows

  • Research my story elements, create a world

  • Create Basic Plot outline

  • Create Characters and Profiles

  • Cast Characters (I find it easier to write when I have someone in mind to play them)

  • Fine tune elements of the story

  • Begin writing the script.

No comments:

Post a Comment