Monday 16 April 2012

Adaptation - Working on the narrative

I am changing the way the poem is perceived, by adding my own personal experiences and relating it to someone suffering with alcoholism. Any poem will always have a different meaning to different people, but there are guy lines and themes in the poem that made me relate it to the struggles, nightmares, guilt, broken promises, loneliness, DT's, withdraws and demons,  that an alcoholic must battle throughout their lives, especially when they try to put down the bottle or relapse. Key lines of the poem stood out for me: 
"Is there anybody there?"
"Hearkening in an air stirred and shaken"
"By the lonely Traveller's call"
"'Tell them I came, and no one answered, that I kept my word', he said"
"From the one man left awake"


I will use these as key moments of tension and drama in my piece. I want my film to have a "mood" rather then a strong narrative. This is because an alcoholic's mind is a very dark, lonely and abstract place, it often makes no sense and they suffer extreme withdrawal symptoms which cause hallucinations and terrifying nightmares. I want to capture this in my piece, and so have drawn up some more story boards to help with the development and editing. 





No comments:

Post a Comment