Wednesday 21 March 2012

Fiction Adaptation - Story Boarding

As my shoot draws nearer this weekend, I have been looking into the style and mood I want to create for my film. It will be very much a "sense" of the effect of alcoholism, and more about the emotions that surround problem drinking. It will be very abstract and use the poem as a starting point.
I will be using certain elements in the poems as metaphors, such as The Horse as Alcohol, The Bird as Cigarette smoke, The Listeners as a home movie etc. I think this creates more atmosphere and sadness, when the words are not used in the literal sense.
I will be shooting on a Cannon 7D, to create a much sharper and impressive image. I also hope to use lots of slow motion and reverse frame in post-production, to create a sense of a man losing his mind, family and the will to carry on.
Here are some videos I will be using for inspiration:









This song has real personal meaning to me, as it sums up the emotions felt by an alcoholic in my life at the time of his drinking, and the effect it had on my relationship with him. It came out in 2002, the year I began to fully appreciate the disease, and made a choice to try and reach out and make amends with the person suffering in my family. Therefore it makes sense for me to use this song, and no other as inspiration and music throughout my piece. 

What have I become,

My sweetest friend,
Everyone I know,
Goes away in the end,

And you could have it all,
My empire of dirt,
I will let you down,
I will make you hurt

The original song was by Nine Inch Nails, and I have found a version of their song that has been stripped down and produced again with just piano/string and synths
It is simply beautiful in my mind and even made me shed a tear, so it is what I will be using in my piece.



No comments:

Post a Comment