Sunday 25 March 2012

AS Live - Director Update

Director Update

First of all I really agree with Lauren about the rehearsal date, making a music video would be an excellent idea!
We need to get the dolly over too for that day,  so the camera operators learn how to use that properly. I also want to audition camera operators for the dolly, and the two hand helds. In the real world a director employs a camera supervisor and they employ the camera ops, so I would like to work with Alex and Jane, in selecting the camera ops. I think it would be good practice for the first years if they draw up some kind of mock media resume, or record some test shoots for us to look at, and then audition them on the day of the rehearsal. So I will place a notice on our broadcast media wall for all those interested in applying.

 I think it is important we have some kind of lighting, so we should book out the studio lighting kits, and start sampling colour gels, as this will help give me a better understanding of how to achieve the look I want.

I'm going through lighting as we speak, and starting to get familiar with the names of different lights and the effects I want to achieve. I'm going to make a list of the equipment I would like with the help of Fergus, including a smoke machine.

I am also in the process of emailing Paul, to get some advice in regards to sound, what we need and what’s achievable. I’ll keep you posted 

I went with Lauren, Hennie, Maddie and our presenter Jess to meet some of the guys from standing on giants on Thursday, I am confident they have good camera presence, and will be able to bulk out the V.T and interviews. They are really interesting guys, with lots of opinions about the world and philosophy!

No comments:

Post a Comment