Sunday 25 March 2012

Adaptation - Thinking about the final product

Whilst I've been filming over the weekend, I've really been focusing on the direction my piece is going.
 I wanted to make a sad piece, showing the effects of alcohol. But I don't think that is going to quite fit with the poem anymore. Instead it's going to be more slanted towards the horror genre, which is the original genre of the piece. I want to create the fear the alcoholic goes through when they pick up the bottle, the ghosts and demons that haunt them, and the feeling of being utterly alone. I also want to show the effect of D and T's, (the shakes and nervousness an alcoholic goes through when they are trying to give up), and the restlessness of going cold turkey, as well as the constent flashbacks of haunting images and the fear of drinking again. I've been looking at the style I want to achieve which is similar to some of these trailers, in terms of editing and post production. Plenty of "Jump" cuts, and "bad video" effects:





No comments:

Post a Comment