Friday 14 October 2011

Direction Unit - Working as DOP on Lauren W's Shoot

Wow what a fantastic night! Myself and Lauren really enjoyed ourselves! The actors were fantastic, and it was amazing to be a part of!


I acted as Lauren's DOP, she had worked out what shot's she wanted, but also allowed me to have artistic imput, which was really rewarding, thanks Lauren! I think we got some great shots, and I really enjoyed playing around with the camera settings/ focus/ shutter speed etc, to get some really unusual shots. The Lighting we used was ALL practical, but where we placed it in the frame, and how it lit our actors, worked extremely well. Working with Lauren has really furthered my interest of working with camera's, she has really helped me to see different ways of making the images look really stunning, especially the use of different lenses!


We also worked together on filming a music showcase at the Hazllit Theatre on Weds. We had a chat about what type of shots we wanted, and who was going to cover what. Using the correct shutter speed for the lighting conditions, and again using the wide lense, the outcome has been FANTASTIC! I don't mean to big ourselves up, but the quality of the recording is really good, and looks really professional, and it's al down to getting used to playing around with the camera settings, it can make things so much better! Hopefully we will be able to post it on Youtube, but it depends on the artists, in the mean time if you get a chance ask Lauren to look at it whilst it's being edited :)


Here's some of the Shots I got on Lauren's Shoot :) ( Hope she doesn't mine me stealing them!! )
























1 comment: