Wednesday 19 October 2011

Direction - Editing

It's not over till it's over!

I have made a few changes during the edit process. Before and during the shoot, I worked really hard to get the sharpest HD picture possible, with no gain. But, piecing it all together, it just doesn't go with the story and setting. I wanted this to be a gritty piece, so why should the quality of the film be pristine? Therefore I have added a slight amount of gain in Post Production.  I have found editing the sound EXTREMELY difficult, and I fear this is going to bring my mark down :( I wish I had had the incredibly useful lecture with the sound recordist before my shoot!! I think I went wrong with the boom, I left it above the actors in the centre, and did not ask my boom operator to move to each actor when they spoke. I have saved some from the use of the second directional mic which was used next to Watson, so his lines are A LOT clearer, but it notices in difference with the other two actors. Oh well you learn from your mistakes.

So far I am REALLY enjoying the editing, I even came into the studios at 7am and left at 6pm two days running! That's quite an early start for me :) I have just added some music to the film and the Sherlock theme at the end, and I must say, it makes me smile every time I play the ending now! Anyway enough rambling, more editing!

No comments:

Post a Comment