Monday 12 September 2011

DIRECTION UNIT - MOOD BOARD

"You should only result to dialog, when it's impossible to do otherwise" Alfred Hitchcock


So far I have my Tv drama, Sherlock, my scene and my script. Now I am going to start looking at my style. I want it to be gritty, plenty of shadows, atmospheric lightening, possibly with green hues, lots of smoke and expressive. I want a film noir feel, but with modern costume and props.  I would like Sherlock to be very dapper, wearing a sharp (possibly silver) suit, with his hair slicked back. Watson, I want to be slightly muddled, shirt sleeves rolled up, creased shirt. I am also toying with the idea of Sherlock wearing a "spy" mac as he exits the room. Molly, I can see pulling off the slight femme fatale look, with her red lipstick, but she is very unsure of herself, she loves Sherlock, and wants to impress him, and is almost childishly innocent,  yet she is in this dark underground world.


Over the next few days I am going to build my mood board (below) of  shots from different films I would like to try, as well as lighting styles and costume.


















No comments:

Post a Comment