Monday 29 July 2013

Final Major Project - Titles


“Finding Serenity” is a phrase that is close to my heart.

The Serenity Prayer has always been said around me at various points in my life, and although it is now infamously used in programs such as Alcoholics Anonymous and Narcotics Anonymous, it is fundamentally about seeking calm. Seeking a point in ones life when you know the cards you have been dealt, they’re shit, but you’ve learnt to accept them and live with them. You have found inner peace. Most people with addictions or mental illness, never REALLY find serenity, but with most things, it’s the journey that delivers what you need.

God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change,
The courage to change the things I can,
And wisdom to know the difference.


Title Sequence
Lauren W came up with this beautiful image a few months ago of a ballerina in a pine forest. To me that just summed up what my serenity would be, and I feel a lot of other people would see that as peaceful, calm and serene. So we have decided to using this in our opening, and throughout the piece, to symbolise the state of mind these suffers are one day hoping to achieve.

No comments:

Post a Comment