Monday 21 May 2012

AS Live Research


So as the record day is fast approaching I have been focusing on researching my role more, learning he ins and outs of directing in the studio, the correct terminology and working out what shots and camera angles I would like to use.

Geoff from the Studios very kindly learnt me his book, which he would refer to when directing Top of the Pops, and it has helped me a great deal. It has covered all the basics such as Interviews, Lighting, Sound, Presenter to Camera, Legal Problems etc, and how to deal with situations in a professional manner:


I have also been using the book Helen recommended, "basic studio directing", which really has become my bible, and has given me a starting point for my floor plans, scripts, camera cards etc.
The key part of my research has been watching plenty of music studio shows, such a Jools Holland, The Old Grey Whistle Test, Graham Nortan and Johnathon Ross. By watching these I have become familiar with the types of shots and movements used, as well as starting to learn how to cut to the beat. 

 Dakota, by the Stereophonics, performed on Jools Holland, has become a great source of inspiration, from the links, to the cuts and movement of the cameras.




No comments:

Post a Comment