Monday 21 May 2012

AS LIVE - Rehersals

Our rehearsal days in the studios in the weeks leading up to the record day have been invaluable.
We have been able to get a good idea about timings for the day by seeing how long it takes for the bands to arrive and set up. Unfortunately due to issues beyond our control, every rehearsal has not started on time, in fact for one we were running two hours late to start off with. But it has been a great learning curve.

The first band we rehearsed with were called The Jacs, as unfortunately the We were due to The Soundcasters couldn't make it. We also had a lovely lady called Zoe come in for the day to help man and set up the PA. She is involved with running the Fringe Festival, so it was great to have a chat with her and get some advice. The band were fantastic and professional, we had plenty of practices with the cameras, and recorded a few takes so that I could look back and see what went well and what didn't quite work, here is one of the records:



The promo team had a great opportunity to take some footage and photos for the website. I was really proud of all the camera ops and assistants, who bared with me as we changed shots and positions throughout the day. I began to learn that scripting songs is extremely hard and will have to have a few attempts at working out he best way to proceed with this for the record day.

I kept the same people on cameras as I thought this was working well, and Alex and Jane did a fantastic job as camera supervisors. I think we may have some issues with Jane's  track, as it was hard for her to get the shots I needed without falling off of it so I will work out a good solution.

I also got a good idea of spacing and how things will fit in the studio. As we were only working with one stage, it is clear that with three stages and a full crew, it's going to be tight, so I am waiting to get the set plans to scale, in order to figure out exactly how many audience members we are likely to fit in, without causing health and safety issues. 


No comments:

Post a Comment