Tuesday 31 January 2012

Fiction Adaption - The Listners

I am certain this is the poem I want to do now and am looking forward to creating a great atmosphere and be as original as possible!


I found this song on You Tube, it's a music rendition of the poem. I really like it, as it suits my taste is guitar and sound, I would like to try something similar for my piece. I might try writing my own music on the guitar and recording it, although I'm not sure if this is allowed?





The poem is incredibly errie, and I am fasicnated by it's different interpretations. Some believe it is a straight forward horror poem, others suggest the traveller is the poet trying to find his creativity and suffering writers block, or that he is trying to contact his audience and that we are the phantoms, but he isn't having much luck.


Another interpretation is that the traveller could be anyone of us, seraching for creativity or dealing with the loss of childhood.




I'm unsure of what interpretation I wish to follow, or what I like best. I think the idea of us being the phantoms is the most disturbing, as it brings a sense of reality, which I want to use to create a truly experimental and disturbing tone.

No comments:

Post a Comment