Monday 11 April 2011

One unit down, two more to go!

Well....... I got there in the end!

Handed everything in on time, and I'm quite pleased with what I achieved. I'm a little upset with the quality of the upload, some of the images seem to have blurred slightly, and lines have appeared in places where they shouldn't :(. Also Simon isn't happy with the end titles, so I'm going to change them too.  I'll have another go at making another quicktime file again soon, but in the mean time here it is :




At the moment I'm currently tucked up in bed, and have been all weekend, whilst everyone is enjoying the sun, really not fair! I'm really worried that I'm getting behind on our sound unit too, as I missed both days last week, and after speaking to Simon this morning, I decided to go home again.  I have however been researching about sound, and reading up on the notes from last week.

It looks like the Sound unit is going to be REALLY interesting, with everyone's work being totally different. I'm looking forward to doing some experimental work, and working on story-telling through sound. 

I've often thought sound can sometimes be the most important element in story-telling on film, especially to create tension, mood and horror. I mean would the famous psycho shower scene and jaws be anywhere near as scary with the volume down? No way! Also when ever I'm watching a horror film, and it's a little too scary, I always block my ears, even though I'm still watching the gruesome stuff on screen, without the horrible sounds, it isn't half as bad.  There are films where the music literally puts me in floods of tears or films like Saving Private Ryan, where the sound helps to really place the audience in the action, hearing everything as if you were really there. So........ here goes! I'll keep you up to date with any ideas I get in the next few days. 

No comments:

Post a Comment